And Baby Makes Three

Friday, December 12, 2008

Auto Workers

Ok, so I don't usually express my opinions about "Issues", but I have to say, that I was all for a bailout for the auto industry. I know, I know 34 Million dollars is a lot, and I did think maybe not that amount, but some help would be apporirate. I mean we are talking about millions of people that would be affected by this. Not just the big 3 plants, but all the part supplies, the dealerships, all that. There is a lot that goes into the failure of these 3 companies. And yes even though I work and live in Nebraska, the economic ripples will affect me. 

That being said I was extremely irrrated with the UAW's. The deal the house and senate put together for these companies failed because the UAW's wouldn't agree to take a pay cut. Hello maybe it's just me, but wouldn't it be better to take a pay cut, and oh I don't know keep your job, then to not a take a pay cut, and have the companies close. Maybe that's just me, but give me a break.

I have actually being following this story a little, and from what I have read and understand, the big 3 pay their works more in benefits, and wages, then the foreign companies. They have a pool where people who get laid off can go and still get paid to do nothing, until they find a new job. Hello where do I sign up for that. The CEO's took their do, and have taken pay cuts, and incentive cuts, and sold their jets, and all the extra's isn't it up to the workers to do their part to save their jobs? Yes a lot of this has to do with CEO's mishandling of business matters, but still come on isn't losing a little pay better then losing your job all together? 

I don't want to bear the extra cost of these people being unemployed, but maybe they need to see that it's not all about them. Take a little lose, and help out the rest of us a little. Don't be so greedy. See the big picture. Please. 

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

I totatlly agree with you on this one. If it weren't for the UAW being so greedy we could help save the big 3 and a lot of jobs. This whole mess started many years ago when the UAW became involved and started making their demands.
I say, Back Off!!
pretty soon we'll all be riding horses again.

December 13, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home