And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holidays

I love the holidays. Starting in November for our annual Mall of America Trip and ending in January with our family Christmas. 

My holidays aren't what ever expects. My Thanksgiving hardly ever happens on Thanksgiving, and my Christmas is usual not on Christmas. I do Christmas with my sister family here in Omaha sometime around Christmas, but since her and her ex used to work at the casinos and usually had to work on Christmas we celebrated on whichever days they had off. Which is fine by me it's the chance of getting together and celebrating with those you love that matters not the day that you celebrate on that matters. And then we have our Schuler Christmas in January. This is when we do Christmas with my mom and George, and my dad, and then all my mom's sisters. Oh what a full house that is. 

Since I don't normally get a "family holiday" I informed my family last year that I wanted one with the whole family Mom, George, Carrin, Todd, and the kids, and Whit, and yes my best friend and her family. They have included me in their family functions for as long as I have known her, so this was my chance to return the favor. So I am so excited for next Thursday. I will have everyone at my house, where I will make the Turkey, and all the fixings, and we will have a real family holiday. I have been planning for this for a year now. Yes a year. I have everything planned out, and ready to go. I will love having all the kids under foot, and to watch them playing, and I'm sure fighting. And my mom and sister and Carey and I in the kitchen trying to set everything up. I am looking forward to the football, and the naps, and most of all the Pumpkin Pie!! OH the pumpkin pie. I look forward to Thanksgiving every year for the pumpkin pie. With lots and lots of Cool Whip. 

And if all that weren't enough my mom's sisters and their families are coming down that weekend to celebrate Grandpa's 80th Birthday. (it's supposed to be a surprise so make sure you don't tell him). We are going to have an actual Schuler family Thanksgiving on Saturday, and then a little party for him after wards.. I love when we all get together. It is loud, and irrating, and frustrating, and so much fun. We are very opinonated women (we get that from Grandma Schuler thanks so much Grandma), but we always seem to pull things together and make it work, and have a great time!

I can't wait for next week. My insides are tingling already. Yeah me!! 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home