And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So Tired of Boys....

I have had it up to HERE with boys. I work with them all day, and I am tired of them. They never say thank you. They only care about themselves. UGH....

So I work in an old feed mill that has been turned into our offices and shops and plant. It is old and drafty, and sucky. All winter we fight the cold and mice, and what ever comes our way. So this year I bought a draft dodger. It some thing that sits at the bottom of the door and keeps the draft out. Well today two of the biggest babies we have working here have told us we can't have it there someone might trip over it. GIVE ME A BREAK. Everyone walked over it all day yesterday and no one had a problem with it. How come you have a problem with it? One of these guys writes up his truck with a safety issue every day because it doesn't have a radio. NONE of the trucks have radios. If it bothers you that bad find a new job, or buy a portable radio to put in the truck.  The other guy is just an ass. For bosses day this year we bought a couple cheap sports things for the two bosses and had everyone sign them this guy refused. So no big surprise on him. So I have to deal with the cold all winter because these two guys are being jerks. 

Yesterday I was talking about some purchases with our mechanic and Brandon (Toby's brother) stopped in me doorway and demanded I give him a Kit Kat. (I have a candy stash). I flipped out on him. First off you should never demand I give you anything that wasn't bought with company funds. This is my own personnel purchase, not something I have to share, just something I have shared. Second Never Never come in when I am talking business with someone and interrupt for candy. That is just rude. Granted we work in a laid back atomsphere, but that is just common sense. At least I thought it was. Apparently now. 

We make birthday treats for the guys. MAKE THEM not buy them Money out of my pocket and time out of my personnel time to do something we don't have to do for these guys. We cook out for them in the summer. We make lunch for them the week before Christmas. I am so done. I am tired of this it's all about them. No one ever Thanks us for all the things we do. Deb and I don't ask for much, just a little respect, and a little lee way here and there. But apparently we can't get that.

That being said, Yesterday I was in a really bad mood because of this crap, and Toby saw this, so he called me on his way home and asked what I was going to do, so I told him I was going to sit home and pout. He said if I wanted to come over and pout at his house he would make me dinner to try and cheer me up. Which he did. Ok I helped a little. I can't help but be in the kitchen if someone else is out there. But it was still nice of him to do, even if I helped a little. He made meatloaf, and baked potatoes. He bought my favorite soda, even though it's not his. And then he let me have the big couch to lay on and watch the Packer game.  

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Here's a little PS Toby brought the meatloaf leftovers in for lunch and while I was away from my desk he heat some up for himself, and did a little for me and left it on my desk.

He can be a good guy when he wants to be!!

November 25, 2008 at 10:51 AM  
Blogger Sheri and George said...

So is Toby a BOY or a MAN?

November 25, 2008 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

He's kind of in between. A boy sometimes and a man sometimes. He kind of lacks consistence. But he always says I'm like a little kid so I guess it's ok for him to a boy sometimes!

November 25, 2008 at 10:58 AM  
Blogger Carrin said...

Boys suck in the Thank you dept.
I'm glad I don't work with them anymore.

November 25, 2008 at 11:07 AM  
Blogger Dreyer Drama said...

Wow this Toby guy sound like a real jerk, to make you dinner and let you lay on his couch? I can't believe you put up with that! KIDDING.

November 25, 2008 at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home