And Baby Makes Three

Monday, January 12, 2009

Measuring up

Last week my sister gave me an award on her blog, and I haven't gotten a chance to post it on my blog yet so here it goes.

It's about measuring up, and there are some rules to it, but I can't follow all the rules, but I will do the best I can.

Rule 1 - Say a nice thing to a man in your life.
Rule 2 - List at least 6 ways you measure success in your life.
Rule 3 - Assign 5 other worthy blogs

#1 I will pick my work BFF, Steve Cole. I don't know why, but I always call him by his first and last name. He and I just clicked right from the start. It has never been a romantic relationship, but we just like to talk, and have been there for each other when we needed a view from the opposite sex. I help him translate girl, and he helps me translate boy.

So today I told him that I was really happy for him that he found someone that makes him happy. ( He has had some really bad luck with ladies in his life, in the past, and a year ago he found some one really good). And that I was really glad that he and I were friends, because he is a great friend to have.

#2 Ways to measure success.... Wow that is a tough one. I don't really think about measuring the success in my life. A)I know I have a good job that pays the bills and leaves a little left over for fun, when I am not sick. B) I know I have a good relationship with most of my family, including the extended aunts and cousins, which as I grow older I know is a rarity. C) I have good friends, who are there for me when I need them, and I would like to think that is because I am good friend to them when they need. D) I get to do fun things when I want because I work hard. E) I have a cute and sweet puppy that is happy to see me, and would rather spend time with me then anyone else when they are around. I like to think that is because I am a good mama to him. F) And the most important to me.... I have lots of kids who aren't my own, but love to spend time with me, and that I love to pieces, and that love me to pieces. And not just because I am related to them. I have kids that aren't related to me that are the same. Kids are my greatest joy. That is one area where I measure myself as a failure. I don't have a family of my own, but I guess if I did I wouldn't be as close with the kids in my life. Megan, Noah, Morgan, Josie, TJ, Kaylee (not anymore, but at one time) Jace, and Garrison, Spencer, and Lincoln. They all make me smile, and melt my heart every time I get to see them, and laugh with them, and tickle them, and kiss them, and do all the things that make every day worth living. Thank you all for letting me spoil your kids in anyway I can.

#3 This is where I can't follow the rules. I don't have 5 blogger buddies I can give this award to. So I will tell you reasons I think all the blogs I do follow measure up.

Adrienne-- I love seeing the pictures of her little guys. They are so cute, and sweet, and everytime I see them I want to kiss their chubby checks. Oh how much fun it is to have them in my family.

Carrin -- She is my sister, and even though we don't always see eye to eye, and haven't always been friends, we do get along better now that we are older then most sisters I have run across out there. I think this is because we have had awesome role models in my mom and her sisters.

My Mom-- She is more then just a mom to me. She is a friend. She drives me absolutely insane some times (sorry mom), but she has been a great mom. She has taught me to be independent, and has never been over bearing. When ever I ask her for advice, she always tells me... Well it's your life I can't tell you what to do. You have decide on your own. This is something I try to pass on to the people I love in my life. She has been a great teacher, and great mother.

Paula-- The youngest of the aunts. She was more like a cousin then aunt to me. She took me in and let me live with her when I first moved away from home. She has 2 adorable boys, who crack me up. GB for some reason always wants to know if I will be at the family functions. because I have missed so many... And he doesn't know my name. He just knows me as Tah-Tah (this is the offically spelling now). He as great hugs, and a great little personality. Jace is a little less huggy, but he is a great kid too. Smart, and active, and always ready with a hug when I see him. She doesn't blog as much as the others, but I am sure she has just as much to say as the rest of us.

And I guess that is all. I would like to give a shout out to Anderson Coopers Blog on CNN. com. I read this every day, and I will tell if you are looking for a little humor, check it out. For the most part it isn't funny, but a couple of times a week Jack Gray writes a post, and he is very funny. I look forward to hearing about him and his dog Sammy who like to drink and smoke. Even if you don't read any of the other post look for his. I know you won't regret it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

I'm touched by the things you had to say about everyone. Myself included (even if I do drive you insane)That's a mother's job you know?

January 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home