And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

My #1 Guy

Noah Michael Sautter. And amazing 9 almost 10 year old. Actually his birthday is tomorrow. Wow where does the time go. This little guy is so wonderful. My sister has 3 kids and I love them all so much. I have enjoyed watching them all grow in to the people they are. It amazes me how much I love each of them, but for different reason and in different ways.
Noah will always be my #1 guy. He told me quite a few years ago, when he was asking me why I didn't have kids of my own, and I told him it was because I wasn't married yet, that he would marry me. I always make him promise he will never get to old to give me kisses. And he always promises me that. He might get to old to give his mom kisses, but he still has to give me kisses.
This last weekend he came and spent some time with me. I wasn't sure if he had gotten to the point where this wasn't cool to do anymore, and he assured me he still wanted to hang out with his aunt so we did. I picked him up and we went to Dairy Queen so he could get a blizzard, he wants to try them all. And then we had some time before the movie we were going to see started so he decided that he wanted to just drive around. And that's what we did. We drove around Bellevue. It was kind of cool. There is more history there then I knew. Then as we were driving he decided he wanted to find Big Elk the Indian Cheifs grave. It took a couple of wrong turns but we finally found it. Not as exciting as I thought it would be, but Noah thought it was cool.
Then we head to the zoo so we could go the Imax 3D theater. Now this is pretty cool. For anyone who hasn't seen a 3D movie, DO IT! This is the second one Noah and I saw at Imax. Last year we went to see a 3D Dinosaur Movie, this year it was Sea Monster (Dinosaur Fish). You really do feel like you could touch this animals, and feel them. There were a couple of times I had to move out of the way because I felt like the animals were going to run me over. It was very interested to hear about how these animals are discovered, and what the story is in the grand scheme of the earth.
Noah also wanted a couple of things from the gift shop so that's what he got. He wanted a shark tooth necklace, and a Dinosaur Dig Out, which is like digging for dinosaur bones. Noah wants to be an archeologist when he grows up and even talks about finding a dig somewhere in the midwest so he can go and do it now. (This is what he wants to do with me next year. He is already thinking about it).
After the zoo, we went to let out a friend of mine's dogs that I had been watching while they were on vacation. Noah was so excited that the dogs "liked" him. Then we went to Applebee's for dinner. After Applebee's we went back to my house where he played the Wii. Sometimes I wonder if the kids would want to come over to my house if I didn't have the Wii? But if that's what it takes then so be it... After a couple of hours we put in Fraggle Rock and watched that until it was bed time. Noah wanted to sleep on the couch, and I slept in my bed.
The next morning I woke up with a headache so he watched Fraggle Rock some more until he was ready to do something. He wanted to start his Dino Dig Out so I set him up upstairs, at the table and that is what he did. He was so methodical and careful with it. I was just amazed at how careful he was. As he was working on this Dig Out I told him I thought he should become a brain doctor so he could come up with a way for me to get rid of my headaches. (which I don't get very often, but when I do they last for a couple of days). He proceed to tell me that brain doctors don't really do that, but if I had a headache I should rest. I told him I had been doing that and it didn't work. So he said "Well then take some asprin. And if that doesn't work it might be a head cold so maybe you should take some cold medicine." Well ok then. Doctor Noah has come up with my treatment plan. At lunch time we went to Buffalo Wild Wings, at Noah's request. One of his immediate goals is to be the youngest person to do the Blazin' Challenge. To eat 12 of the hottest wings in 6 minutes with out taking a drink. He is training for this. Each time he tries to eat more and more of the wings without taking a drink, until he can do one flavor, and then he moves up to the next one. Right now he is at Caribean Jerk, which is hotter then most men that I know can eat. He ate 3 without anything and then he looked at me and said he should have gotten ranch and celery, so I went up and got him some. It was pretty priceless.
Overall I had a wonderful time with him. I try to spend one on one time with each of the kids at least once a year, and then I spend time with them thru out the year at different times for different reasons. I go to their games, and cheer them on, and try to encourage them in whatever they are trying to acheive. My hope is that I will have loved them the best I know how, and they can turn around and love some one else. I hope and pray all the time that they know how much I love them, and how much I am in their corner cheering for them every step of the way.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

He is one amazing kid isn't he? Wonder where he gets his smarts? He gets his good looks from me of course. You are a great aunt and the kids know it and love you and love spending time with you. You'll alaways be their #1 TATA

August 6, 2008 at 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home