R U Kidding Me?
So a year ago, my boss and I were talking about ways to cut costs, so I volunteered to cut my hours, but 5 a week. No big deal. I make enough at 35 hrs a week to live, and when I am sick it really helps out to not have that expectation on me.
So about 2 months ago I got nosey and started looking at the other ladies hours. She is working at least 4 hours of overtime a week. A week. She doesn't have anything pressing that she works on, so does not need to work overtime EVER!! I have more pressing things to work on every day, and I have never had overtime. When I was hired 4 1/2 years ago I was told I didn't need to work overtime ever!!
So how come I had to cut my hours and she gets to add to hers? Hmmm. I don't get it. So about a month ago I mentioned something to the general manager. And he said something to her, about it, and told her she didn't need to be working overtime anymore. She is the first one to be watching everyone else hours, and telling them they need to cut back. Why isn't she following her advice. So today I told her I was going to start working 40 hours a week again. At leasts for awhile to make up some money from me being sick for the last 2 months, and she said something about her overtime again. SO I looked she is still working overtime. Her 4 hours of overtime is more then $120 a week. That we don't need to be paying her. You know what she does during that extra 4 hours? Catches up on her shows that she doesn't watch at night. Yup you heard me right!! She watches TV!! She not even working. So we are paying her $120.00 a week to watch TV! Hmm that sounds like a good investment.

3 Comments:
I wanna get paid to watch TV!
I certainly hope you make the GM aware of this.
Maybe the boss needs to stick around for those extra hours and see exactly what she isn't doing! I could work from home and do her job!!
Natalie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home