I'm so annoyed!!
I can't put this out on Facebook because there is 1 person I work with who is my FB friend, and someone who knows the owner outside of work is my FB friend, but I have a question for all of you.
If your dad was having heart surgery today. A valve replaced, and a single bypass, would you want to come into work? I sure has hell wouldn't.
Here is the story. Toby is the dispatcher here at work. He is here all the time. He hardly ever ask for time off. Works every Saturday. Misses his daughters stuff all the time because of work. He is supposed to pick her up on Wednesdays, and NO joke 8 times out of 10 Todd the guy who is supposed to stay late on those days leaves early so Toby can't. So today Toby & his brother Brandon who also works here are out. They requested the day off months ago, to be at the hosiptal for their dad's surgery, and today when I get here Todd tells me that Toby is supposed to call at noon, and he thinks he is going to ask him to come in. You know what Todd, if it were your dad everyone knows there is NO WAY IN HELL you would come in that day no matter what we had going on. So why don't you think about how you would want people to act towards you in the Toby's situation and acted the same way towards him.
I know Toby and I aren't anything but friends, but this is just crap. And I would think it was crap if it were anyone, not just because it is Toby.

3 Comments:
That is pretty shitty. Hope he doesn't ask him to come in and that the surgery goes well.
Todd's a dipshit! No way in hell I would be there. Toby needs to tell him to shove it.
ITA - no way in hell should he come in to work. Todd needs to have some respect for others.
Natalie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home