The Dress!!
I went dress shopping this weekend! It was a wonderful girls weekend.
I left work early on Friday and met my mom at my house. Then we headed to Deanna's to pick her up and headed to Omaha where we had rented a hotel room, and met up with my sister Carrin, & my best friend Carey.
Saturday morning I wanted to be at the first place by 10 when it opened since they didn't take appointments. So... I woke everyone up at 6:30!! That is right 6:30... Ok so it wasn't my intentions to wake everyone up. I set up a schedule the night before, and I thought people would gradually wake up as we each took our showers, but apparently everyone was really excited to go dress shopping with me, because after I got in the shower, everyone was up! We all got ready by 8:30 so we went down and had breakfast, and waiting for the Dunning girls to get up and meet us.
We left the hotel and got to the first bridal store a little early, (I probably could have let everyone sleep in, but why?!) I tried on a bunch of dresses. and found 2 that I liked, 1 that I really liked. So we took pictures, wrote down the info and headed on to lunch and the second place.
The second place had the dress I really liked in pictures and my mom picked out for me earlier. I tried on a few dresses here. A couple of short ones, one that was really super cute. A couple of dressy ones, and then the one I liked in the pictures. Guess which one I liked? The one I liked in the pictures. I the one I knew I would probably end up with.
I went in thinking that I would try anything on, and I did. I tried a little bit of everything on (except mermaid dresses, have you seen my hips? not a look I was willing to try). In the end I got exactly what I want.
It is ivory, sweatheart neckline, with an empire waist. I love it! I feel beautiful in it. I can't wait for David to see me in it. And no I won't show you pictures or even tell you which dress it is. You will have to wait till the wedding.
And the weekend was very productive because we also decided on bridesmaids dresses. I think all the girls are very happy with the dresses, at least that is what they told me they could be lieing... But I think they all looked very nice in the dress. I think it was a good style for all the ladies. And I can't wait to see them in their dresses too!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home