And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Day 8...

Today is my 8th day with no work. This is a strange feeling. I have been working for a long time. No to not have a goal to met every day. Not to have to produce something every day. I don't know what to do with my self right now.

I did have a job interview today for an insurance agency. It has been a long time since I interviewed for a job. I have never really had to "look" for a job.

My first job at Kmart I got because my godmother worked there. Then two of their managers went to different places and asked me to come along. Then I transferred with those companies down to this area. To get into banking I was referred by a co-work and got the job based off of that referral. Then again my manager there presued me to go to Commercial Federal. When I left Commercial Federal I didn't have to look for the job at Complete.

It is a really weird feeling to be out looking for a job. It is damn scary.

I know I can do a lot of jobs. I know I am smart. And I think it really sucks that because I don't have a college degree a lot of employers won't even look at my resume. I know I could be the best one for some of these jobs. I have 12 years experience. 12 years!! in finance. That is a long time. I know my shit. My on the job experience makes me way better for some of the jobs out there then someone who just came out of college and doesn't know a thing about working in the really world. Sorry to tell you but a college degree doesn't mean you can do anything but study, and get answer right on test.

Now don't get me wrong all of you out there that have gone to college I know you are hard workers. I know you are proud of college degrees and you should be. It is a big accomplishment, and I am not trying to take away from what you have worked hard for. I know it has been my choice to not get a degree. I am complete aware of all of this. So please don't get all up in arms.

Ok I am stepping off of my soap box.

Tomorrow I am going to go eat lunch with Gma Schuler. Looking for more jobs. Not sure what else will be on the agenda. Friday I will go up and do some wedding dress shopping with Dee. And start all over again on Monday.

I hope this finds you all well. I hope you are all having a great week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home