And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

First Valentine's Day


I went up to visit Dave this weekend for our first Valentine's Day. I have never had some to actual celebrate the day with before so I have never been a huge fan of the holiday.

This year I did have someone to celebrate with, but to me the most important thing was spending time with Dave. Not what we did or what he got me but just some good ole quality time. And that is just what I got.

I got up there on Friday and as soon as I walked in the door we left to go to his parents house. (His dad got the skid loader stuck and he had to go help get it out). His mom had been telling me that his sisters wanted to meet me the next time I was up there. So Friday night she planned a dinner so I could meet them.

When I first got there his older sister Annette and her two kids were there. Dave's 5 year old niece Victoria was really excited that Uncle David has a girlfriend. She thinks it is really funny. She sat by my side a good portion of the night.

Then Dave's grandparents showed up. Apparently they found Dave's girlfriend was going to be there for dinner and they invited themselves to come out and meet me. They were very nice.

Then Dave's sister Lisa and her 6 month old little boy Aiden got there.

I helped make pizza's for dinner. And I included Patrick and Victoria. Which was a big hit with them. They were so excited to be included in helping. Even if it was just to put the pepperoni and ham on the pizzas.

After dinner Dave and I went to townie bar and meet up with his friends for a birthday. His parents came up a little while later. His mom told me the girls thought I was really nice, and were impressed by me.

After the bar we went back to his house with Nick and Dee. The next morning Dave made me pancakes for breakfast, because I kept bothering him to he gave in. Then we just relaxed and took a nap until we had to meet his parents to drop off his snowmobiling.

Nick's parents and Dave's parents were going to go out on the sleds. Dave was dieing. He wanted to be out playing in the snow so bad. I kept saying it was the best snow in years and he wasn't out in it. So I told him more than once he could go if he really wanted to.But.... he said he would rather spend the time with me.

That night we met up at 4 other couples at Nick and Dee's to go snow tubing at dusk. On the way there we stopped to get some beer and fuel. And Dave bought me a huge stuff red rose. I was the only girl that got one.

Once we got to the tubing place we had a good time. Dave's friends are a lot of fun. All the guys are good guys. And all the girls are really nice. I totally felt included. I didn't feel like anyone excluded me at all. We tubed for about 2 hours. And then we all went out for dinner.

After dinner Dave and I headed to his sister Lisa's to say hi since we were so close. Then we headed back to Nick and Dee's to meet back up with everyone else. By this point my stomach wasn't liking me very much. I didn't drink any more. I just sat and listened to everyone's stories. And do they have a lot of stories.

They all love to pick on each other. And they all love to tell stories about each other. It was nice to sit and hear all the stories. And see them interact. About midnight we headed back to Dave's house. We got there and both of us just passed out from being so tired.

The next morning we woke up and watched the news to see how the weather was going to be. It wasn't supposed to be really great. So I headed out about 11 am or so. On my way out Dave said he was going to put fuel in my vehicle for my birthday and valentine's present. I told him that was really romantic of him. So he asked what I wanted for my birthday. What do you tell someone you are dating, but haven't been dating super long? Umm let me see. I pretty much buy whatever I see that I want except for the really expensive things...So if you want to get me a flat screen TV go ahead. Nope sorry I couldn't do that. Or hey how about a trip to someplace romantic. Yeah right. Dave is a great guy, but romantic would not be a word I would use to describe him. Thoughtful. Sweet. Kind. yes, romantic NO. So I thought about what I wanted for awhile and told him shoes as long as I get to pick them out because I know he would get me ugly functional shoes, or jewerly.

All in all the weekend was a great weekend. It was so wonderful to be able to spend the whole weekend with him. It was great to meet his family. It was awesome to hang out with his friends. I could ask for a better way to spend the weekend before my birthday than to spend it with someone I care about, and someone I always have a good time with.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carrin said...

Sounds like a good weekend.

February 16, 2010 at 1:12 PM  
Blogger allie.skelton said...

glad you wrote this so i could get all the details! when do we get to meet this guy???

February 16, 2010 at 4:44 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Well Allie, I guess that depends on when you are down here next. I don't think he will be here in April if you are coming down then, but he should be at Carrin's Wedding. Or we could arrange a time for you to come half way or so to Dee's and you could meet him.

February 17, 2010 at 9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home