Vacation
I am sitting at work right now, thinking about vacation. I want a vacation. I haven't been on a real vacation for a long time. It's been so long I can't even remember. I just got my annual vacation dump of 3 weeks, and let me tell you, I am itching to use it. I am single I should be able to go and do whatever I want. The only problem with that is that it's not too much fun to do things on your own!! Sorry it's not. Who wants to go to some new place and have to do everything on your own? Maybe some people, but I have never been a do things on your own kind of person.
Usually when I take time off it is to go home and visit my family which sorry but isn't really a vacation. Yes it's relaxing, and some place other then Omaha to be, but I grew up there, I visit there all the time. It's not really new or exciting. And yes I usually go shopping twice a year with my family. To Chicago, or Minneapolis, or sometimes I go to Kansas City, but come on now shopping isn't really a vacation either. I like to shop, don't get me wrong, but I like to take in the sights and see the city too, and when I go shopping with my family I don't get to do those things. Or the other place I go on a regular basis is up to Okoboji, IA and see my best friend and her family. Again relaxing and not Omaha, but not really new or different. Been there probably a hundred times.
So here I sit thinking about where or what I will do this year. Let's see go up to Wisconsin and see my family, or go up to Okoboji, IA and see my best friend and her family.
My dream would be to sit on a beach somewhere warm, and sunny with a good looking cabana boy bringing me drinks. Or Italy to take in the sights, and the food. Or England to see the history, or Paris. Or even New York City to see some shows, and shop. I don't want to go to some place where you have to fight lines to see things. I want some place quiet, but some place where there are things to do if I want. I don't want to be on anyones schedule. I want to pick and choose what I do, and when I want to do it. Give me my iPod, and a couple of good books, some Satelite TV to watch my sports, and cut me off from the rest of my usual world. Give me someone to wait on me and make my drinks, and rub my feet. Oh a spa weekend. That's sounds good too. A Sven, a tall dark and handsome european to massage me, and pamper me, and tell me how wonderful and beautiful I am. To feed me strawberries, and champagne, Ok not champagne, or strawberries, but cheesecake, and martini's (and of course I wouldn't gain a pound).
Or just take me away to anyplace that isn't here. In Omaha, (which I usually love). Some place where I don't have to think about bills, and work, and meeting deadlines, and doing things to make other people happy. Please fairy Godmother come and wave your wand and take me away.

2 Comments:
well tara, i'll be in italy next summer studying so you should come and visit me :)
Save your money and come on vacation with George and I in 2010 when it's our year without Al and Linda.
Mom
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home