And Baby Makes Three

Monday, August 17, 2009

My Sister!!

Today is my big sister's birthday. Ok well maybe not big sister, but older sister's birthday. She is 3 1/2 years older then me. And today she turns... well I won't tell you what her really age is.

I don't always tell her how much she means to me. But I love her.

Growing up I always wanted to be like her. There was just something about her. Still is! That makes people just want to be around her. She always had a boyfriend. She always had a ton of friends. I always wanted to be one of them.

Her and I are about as different as you can get. She is easy going, doesn't let much bother, I let almost everything bother me. She is bubbly, & outgoing, I am moody, and reserved. We don't always see eye to eye. We rarely got along growing up. But today I consider her one of my best friends. I moved 500 miles away from home to live closer to her, and do not regret that decision at all.

My sister has a great family. She is raising 3 1/2 kids, and doing a great job. She lets them try whatever they want. Soccer, dance, band, choir, baseball, football, volleyball, cheerleading. I don't think she has ever told one of her kids, NO you can't try that. She might tell them not right now, but NEVER has told them, NO I don't want you to try that. She teaches them to help out when they are able, to treat others with respect. She has shown them how much family means. She has taught them how to love, how to laugh, and how to enjoy life.

She has met a good guy, who makes her extremely happy. They are getting married in 10 months and though I didn't always give him the easiest welcome, I do see how happy he makes her, and how good he is to her kids, and can't help but like him for that.

On this day I want to her to know how much she means to me. How much I love her. And How much I still look up to her.

Happy Birthday Carrin!! f

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrin said...

Thanks!
And for all those nice things you said, I'll let you be my friend!

August 17, 2009 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger April said...

What a sweet post.

August 17, 2009 at 4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home