And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back From Vacation

So I am back at work, after being gone for 5 wonderful relaxing days. Yes even the 9 1/2 hour car ride yesterday with 3 kids was relaxing!!
It all started with an 8 hour drive on Wednesday. I picked the kids up after I got done at work from their dad's house, and we stopped at McDonald's and hit the road. Oh the quiet. Yes quiet. I would think with 3 kids who are used to a long drive, but have always had a way to watch movies it wouldn't be, but it was. Noah played his Gameboy, Megan slept, and Morgan, well I'm not really sure what Morgan did. After the Megan woke up from her nap, I was telling her and Morgan how their mom and I used to pass the time on car rides before portable DVD players and GameBoys and the like came about. We used to see who could spot the most liscense plates from different states, and the Alphabet Game. You know the one where you have to find all the letters of the Alphabet on road signs in order. The girls were actually having fun with it. Then it got dark and they all feel asleep again, and slept pretty much until we got to Pittsville, WI, yes an actually name of a town. I do not know why but it always seems like they wake up at this point. They all stayed awake until we got to Nana's house, and then it was straight to bed.
After everyone woke up and had breakfast, it was time for the kids to do their homework. And then we waited for Papa Kenny to call so we could meet up with him.
We went in to meet him at Grandma Weinfurter's house, and he didn't expect the kids. He was very happy to see them. We went out for dinner and then back to Nana Sheri's house to wait for Nana, and Grandpa George.
The next day we woke up and did more homework, and then the girls got a special surprise, a pedicure. This is Megan getting her toes done. I loved it. I usually do my own pedicures, but I thought why not let someone else pamper me. The place we went was not like the places I usually go. It was one small room, and one lady doing all the work. No big massage chairs to sit in and no feeling like you are on an assembly line.

After the pedicures we went to Nana's and packed up to hit the road to Phillips, WI. A hour or so drive. After we got up there, and unpacked, Noah got his extra time with Grandpa. They went to Stratford/Park Falls Football game. Just the boys, and the girls went out for Friday Night Fish Fry. Oh Yummy. Megz proceed to out drink us all with 3 cocktails, Morgan only had 1 beer (rootbeer), and Nana & I had 2 drinks. Morgan flirted with the bartender, and got us great service. Thanks Mo!!Then it was back to the Chrouser Compound for some down time.

The next morning the fun began, with exploring around the lake, and fishing, and then swimming!!


We took a boat ride that afternoon, and then Carla and Tegan came up and the kids were off playing again. I went out to the dock by the boat house to do some fishing, and before you know it I was screaming because I had actually caught a true fish. Not a Blue Gill, or Sun Fish like the kids were catching. I didn't know what to do. So I screamed for help, and everyone came running. George got the net and got him out of the water. He was beautiful in a slimy fishy Northern kind of a way. I didn't really think I would actually catch a fish, it was just a way to hang out with George and the kids, and here I am with my fish (Michael). (I will post a picture when I get it from my mom). Then Grandpa took the boys out in the boat to do some fishing. I think the boys really enjoyed this. The girls were a little upset that they didn't get to go, but were promised they could go later. Then it was dinner time, and time to play out of the water, so that is what they did. We did 4 wheeler rides, and played on the swings, and shot hoops, and explored.
The next morning, the Kaufman's showed up. Jennifer, Kip, and their 3 beautiful girls. The kids loved it. There were more then enough kids for everyone to play with, and do their things with. After lunch (Michael)I got my nap that I had wanted to take all weekend. And the kids got to play. And then it was cocktail hour, and time to get ready for dinner. Chicken and corn on the Cob, and Cheesy Au Gratin Potatoes, and fresh green beans. Oh yummy yummy yummy. The first time all weekend I actually gorged my self, and ate so much I was miserable after dinner.

After dinner I started to pack up everything to be ready the next morning for the long car ride back to Nebraska.

We woke up the next morning and took showers and ate breakfast and then said our good-byes. Oh how we didn't want to go, but we knew we had too. I have to work, and then kids have to go back to their mom and to school. So we hooked up the DVD player, and got on the road. After 9 1/2 hours, and a million potty stops, Thank You Morgan. And Lunch and dinner, and 3 states we made it home.

The kids were so well behaved all weekend, I could hardly believe it. They helped out cleaning up, they helped me do laundry, there was only 2 fits, and not arguements. Just a relaxing and fun time for everyone.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

We so enjoyed our time with you and the kids. Now that your a seasoned fisherman, next time it's Muskie time! One for the wall.
Mom

September 2, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home