Love Songs
Let me start out explaining how this topic is on my mind. I have an iPod. I have had one since oh almost ever. I could never live without one now that I have one. I absolutely love it. I don't have to carry any cd's with me anymore. I carry it with every where. Yes every where. There aren't too many times you will find me with out it. And I can organize my music how ever I want. I can make playlists at the touch of button. You know like the old mix tapes you had to spend hours making for your best friend, your boy friend, or a girls night out.
As I was reorganizing my music today, I was making a playlist of love songs. I don't know why, but these have always been my favorite. These songs that someone was able to write, and convey all their feelings about some in such a beautiful way. These songs that can remind us of a past love, or make us think of a current love, or help us hope for a future love. These songs that can make us smile, laugh, or most often tear up because they are so sweet.
Someone asked me once what kind of music I liked, and I said just about anything. So they asked well then how do you decided if you like a song or not, and I told them. It has to move me in some way. It has to move my body in dance, my spirit in worship, or soul in some way. Love songs can do all that. Most of them are slow, and sweet, but I also like the ones that are more upbeat. Two of my favorites are, When I'm 64 by the The Beatles, and Love You Madly by Cake. These are totally not slow and sweet at all, but they are love songs in the best sense of the words.
That all being said there is one song out on the radio now that I absolutely can't get enough of. Johnny and June by Heidi Newfield. It is written about how she wants a love like Johnny and June's. I have the lyrics here, and highlighted my favorite parts. It just makes me hope that one day I can find like that. Some one who wants to hold me till the end of time, and all that. Isn't it deep down how we all want to be loved?
Johnny and June
Oh there's something 'bout a man in black,
Makes me want to buy a cadillac,
Throw the top back,
And roll down to Jackson town,
I wanna be there on the stage with you,
You and I could be the next rage too,
Hear the crowd roar,
Make 'em want more,
Kick the footlights out,
I wanna love like Johnny and June,
Rings of fire burnin' with you,
I wanna walk the line,
Walk the line,
'Till the end of time,
I wanna love,
Love ya that much,
Cash it all in,
Give it all up,
When you're gone,
I wanna go too,
Like Johnny and June,
I wanna hold you baby right or wrong,
Build a world around a country song,
Pray a sweet prayer,
Follow you there,
Down in history,
I wanna love like Johnny and June,
Rings of fire burnin' with you,
I wanna walk the line,
Walk the line,
'Till the end of time,
I wanna love,
Love ya that much,
Cash it all in,
Give it all up,
When you're gone,
I wanna go too,
Like Johnny and June,
Like Johnny and June,
More than life itself,
No-one else,
This endless promise,
They don't make love like that anymore,
Is that too much to be askin' for,
I wanna love like Johnny and June,
Rings of fire burnin' with you,
I wanna walk the line,
Walk the line,
'Till the end of time,
I wanna love,
Love ya that much,
Cash it all in,
Give it all up,
When you're gone,
I wanna go too,
Like Johnny and June,
Like Johnny and June,
And when we're gone,
There'll be no tears to cry,
Only memories of our lives,
They'll remember, remember,
A love like that.

1 Comments:
that is crazy that you put this on because i just recently got addicted to this song! I love it : )
allie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home