Politics
Last week my sister wrote a blog about Sarah Palin, and I read it, but I didn't respond to it. I too follow politics, maybe a little more closely then my sister. I have a pretty big opionion on politics, but I chose to follow the lead of my parents as I was growing up. We both have a side, but we don't talk about it.
I am a registered Democrat. Yes a Democrat. Most of my friends from my church can't believe this. To them it was as if I said I was worship Buddha or something. But I don't blindly follow the Democratic party. I vote based on what issues are important to me, and who most closes aligns with those issues. That being said, I have been recieving emails about the candidates for some time from different people, and I find it a little distrubing that so many people out there feel it is ok to push their own choices on other people. I don't know if I should be offended that they don't think I can think for my self so they have to do the thinking for me, or if they just feel like I will make the wrong decision. If someone wants to intelligently and fairly talk politics with me and trully find out what my thoughts are. I am all for that. But if you just want to try and "get me to your side" then No I don't want to talk with you. What happened to having open discussions and having a fair debate about issues. Things that are important to you aren't important to me. Just like everything else in this world. We are ALL DIFFERENT. We come from different backgrounds, we have different worries, we have different lives. So let me just make my choices by myself, and I will let you make your choices by yourself. If you come to me and ask me about things I will gladly give you any information as accurately as I can, but other then that I won't try to influence your choice with my own adgenda.

3 Comments:
I totally agree with you. I want to make my own decisions based on my beliefs not someone elses.
i hope you don't feel like I was pushing politics in my blog. I just thought Sarah's speach was motivational. I couldn't tell you how I'm gonna vote, just that I intend to be completely informed when I do.
I didn't, it was some other people that I have been getting emails from, and then today every one at work was talking about it too.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home