Let the Carving Begin!!
Megan, Morgan, Noah, TJ and I carved pumpkins at my house on Saturday. It started out with us driving all the way from Bellevue, to the grocery store by my house, and I realized that I forgot my purse at Carrin's house. So back we went.When we finally got to the grocery store, I let the kids pick out their pumpkins, and we went to get stuff for dinner, and the stuff we needed for carving pumpkins. We picked up a pumpking template kit.
When we got home and unloaded the pumpkins we discovered that someone didn't put the template kit in the actually cart. We had three of them at one point, and ended up with NONE!! Hmm how does that happen. I guess when you are trying to wrangle 4 kids things get missed.
So first we had to gut the pumpkins. I opened them up and gave the kids spoons to scrape everything out. Well TJ's pumpkin was kind of rotted on the inside, and full of nasty soupy something. And Noah's had mold in it. But they still cleaned them out. The girls didn't like this too much. They kept making eeww sounds.



And then we carved. We didn't have crazy templates so we chose just simple faces.


Well most of us did. Megan of course had to pick something a little more difficult, but that's why we love our Megz.
After pumpkin carving the kids played Monkey in the Middle with
the football.Of course they put the two shortest people in the middle, so it wasn't exactly a fair game. But they had fun, and nobody threw a fit, which is a success in my book.
Then we made homemade individual pizza's, played some Wii. Then we went outside to play in the dark. The kids played Ghost in the Graveyard. It was really cool to see the kids play games I used to play when I was their age. All in all it was a wonderful time. I am so glad I took the time to spend with the kids. I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.
Labels: Family


4 Comments:
Looks like they all had a great time. You get the Greatest Aunt in the World award
I need to get these three to my house some time.
They are so lucky to have you!
Can I come next year? I cann't get Uncle John to help me carve one. I'll bring my tools and templates. Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Natalie
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home