Old Friends
Do you have a friend that you don't see or talk to all the time, but when you do get a chance to talk it's like you just saw each other yesterday?
Well I do, and I just got back from having lunch with her. Her name is Vicki. She has been a friend of mine since the first day I started at Commercial Federal, ages ago, Ok well not ages ago, but a good 11 years ago. And from almost the first day we were friends. Maybe not Besties, but still friends. And over the years as we worked at CFB together we planned to work there our whole lives, and live next to each other and raise our kids together. Well the only thing that we have come close to is living next to each other, and even though it isn't in the same neighbor, we live less then 1/4 mile from each other. Her Subdivision is kitty-corner from mine.
We don't get to see each other often, and she can't get emails at work, and she has 2 kids at home so when we do talk it is usually a quick, hey I was thinking of you, and just wanted to make sure everything was going ok, yup, here is a quick 5 minute run down, of what is going on with me, great we have to get together soon. BYE.
So we were texting earlier this week and decided to get together for lunch since it had been a while since we had seen each other. (Oh yeah I should probably mention her husband was my boss when I walked out of my job at the bank. And we are still friends. And her husband doesn't think I'm an too bad after all that. ) So we met half way between her job and mine, and had a good hour lunch where I think we actually talked and laughed more then we ate. She just has the bubbly personality, and has a way of making me feel so good about myself. And we see the world thru similar glasses so we can see where the other coming from.
It put me in a great for the rest of the day. Thank goodness most of the boys are gone now so they can't ruin it.

2 Comments:
I love those kinds of friendships. Where you maybe don't see this person for a long time but when you do, it just seems like it was yesterday.
How is Vicki? She was always a very nice upbeat person. I'm glad to hear that you guys still get together.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home