Why I love my mother!!
My mom has been in my life for almost 32 years now! And many am I grateful. She is a pretty awesome mom compared to the mom a lot of my friends have and I am well aware of this. Of course she is a little OCD when she has people at her house, (sorry but you are)! We don't always see eye to eye. But come better or worse she has always been there for me. She has said that ever since I could tie my own shoes I didn't have a need for her anymore but the truth is I have always needed her, because she is my mother. I might be independent, but that is because I learned it from her. Every time I went to her with a problem she would try to get me to see the other side, and she has said more times then I can count "Bear, I can't tell you what to do. Only you know what is best for you." Sometimes I just want to scream "But I don't know what to do, otherwise I wouldn't be calling you!" But in the end she is always right. I need to figure things out on my own, and the lessons have been tough, and sometimes painful, sometimes fun, and wild, but she is right in the end I am the one who always has to chose my path.
So she totally blew my mind on Friday. I called her very innocently to talk about a book that I had borrowed from her from one of my favorite authors. And we started to talk about other things, and we happened to get around to Toby! This is a guy who has broken my heart Oh too many times for me to remember the actual number. Now in his defense there was only one that was probably really his fault. And what I mean by this is that most of the time my expectations and emotions where not in line with his, and because of this I got hurt. But last year when he hurt me was not my fault. And when I decided to give him another try in November the one person I was truly afraid to tell was my mother. I knew how much she hated him in her protective motherly way. But she was ok with it. And then when things went south this time she didn't once say I told you so. Instead she completed shocked me! As we were talking first she said she knew when it took me a week to decide to give him another try, she knew I wasn't in love with him anymore, and that maybe I shouldn't complete turn my back on him. (of course I am paraphrasing right now). But I was like what!!! She said she thinks he doesn't know how to be in a relationship (which is true he has had very bad experiences in the past, and didn't see good examples from his mom or day) and that because of that I should give him some help in learning how to be in a relationship. (Mom is that right? That is how I understood it if I wrong please let me know what your really meant).
But see that is what is great about her, even if she isn't happy with our choices as long as we are happy she will be happy. How many other people can say that about their mothers. Most of my friends moms meddle, and bully, and some have even disowned their children. So I guess I am pretty lucky!! Thanks Mama!!
Labels: Family

2 Comments:
Thank you for the nice things you said about me.
You are right in what I said- if you want a relationship with Toby and he makes you happy- you might have to show him what a relationship is.
However- if that isn't what you want or how you see things going then maybe you're better off with just a friendship.
You are the only one that knows what you want and what will make you happy- that's all I want for any of my children.
Mom does that Tuesday Tribute thing. You should do that too because this was a good tribute to her.
Now, it's my turn! Say something nice about me! Please please please! LOL
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home