All the little Details
Details, details, details....
I feel like for the most part I have all the big stuff figured out for the wedding. Right now I am just getting into all the little details. Like what size of handles I want to do for centerpieces, and if I want to do boutnieers for the guys, and all the stuff that no one really pays attention to, and I don't really care about. I know people who have let their weddings take over their lives, and I refuse to let mine take over mine. I had some tell me 6 months before their wedding that they couldn't take a couple of hours to have dinner with me because they were doing wedding stuff. I won't be that way. The wedding is one day of our lives. I want it to be personal, I want to be fun. I want it to be memorable. But it is only one day, the most important thing is making sure we are building a solid foundation for our future. Our Marriage is more important to me than the wedding.
So if the guys don't wear a flower will anyone care? If you eat off of plastic plates so I don't have to haul real plates back to Ames will anyone care? 6 months down the road will anyone remember if I wore a veil or not? Will anyone remember the centerpieces? Will anyone remember anything but if they had fun, and if the day was full of love? Those two things are the things I want people to remember. I don't care if they remember if I tulips, or what kind of flowers we carried, or what song we danced our first dance to. Those are things that are important to me, but they aren't the details any one else will remember. And I understand that. You have my permission to not remember the little details don't matter. Just remember the love Dave and I have for each other, and that you got to be a part of our wonderful day!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home