Buddy
This is Buddy. The new man in my life. He is a 8 month Porkie (a Yorkie and Pekinise mix). He is so sweet and cute and bouncey. Yes Bouncy when he gets really excited he tends to bounce all over the place.My ex Toby bought him for his daughter's birthday this year, and the first time I met him I feel in love him. He just has such a sweet personalitity, and just wants to be loved, and to give love. Toby hasn't had the time or patience to train him, so last week when he asked me if I wanted Buddy I jumped at the chance. Look at that face I just want to love it.
So yesterday I went to pick him up and introduce him to the new people in his life. First we went to Carrin house so he could meet Toby and Lucy and Charile. (Carrin and the kids and Todd had already met him when I watched him while Toby was on vacation). This was interesting, but over all went very well, I think. Charile didn't warm up to him. But Toby and Lucy were starting to get used to him after the intial sniffing and getting to know each other. I kept Buddy in my arms till they could get the sniffing done, and then kept him on a leash until they were used to each other.
Then we went to Noah's football game. He just sat next to me and laid his head down. He let me watch the game, and didn't do too much. He didn't want to be too far away from me, but I think that will change once he realizes that he isn't going to be left somewhere.
After the game, Noah's team won by the way. They are the only undeafeted team left after yesterday. I took Buddy home. He and Gabriel, (my roommates dog) don't fight, but Buddy has so much energy and is just all over the place that he stresses Gabe out from time to time. But they went outside and went potty and then the ran in the back yard for a little while, and then I took Buddy downstairs and showed him his new home. So far I don't think he has any complaints with the home, although this morning he was crying when I put him in his kennel. It broke my heart to hear him crying. But until he learns not to potty in the house, he has to be in there when I am not home. I am so excited to have him at my house. I really truly hope it all works out.
That being said, I will admit that it makes me a little sad that this sweet little dog doesn't even realize what is going on and had to leave the home he has come to know and love. But I know he will learn to love living with me, and I know I will love him with all my heart. It is a little scary knowing that I am responsible for another living being. I know it's not the same as having a baby, but I have to say this is freaking me out just a little. I have to make sure he fed, and has a place to live, and is taken care of, and happy, and all those things. I just hope I can do a good job.
Labels: Buddy

2 Comments:
Welcome to the family Buddy.It's a little nutso once in a while but you'll get used to us.
he's so cute! gabe will just have to get used to having a little "competition" around.
i'm not sure he's got pekingese in him though -- maybe he's pomeranian & yorkie? poms are really fluffy dogs.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home