And Baby Makes Three

Friday, October 17, 2008

Megz (her preferred spelling)

Last springish Megan started to play volleyball. This was a totally surprise to me. She always seemed to "girly" to me to play sports. She was a dancer, or a cheerleader, not an athlete. She kind of reminded me of her mom in that aspect. But she played soccer once and really liked it. So last year when the moved to Bellevue and found BJSA that offered all sorts of sports for kids to get involved , she decided she wanted to try Volleyball. And she was good at it. 

I am a big sports person. I love to watch any sport in person. Football and basketball are my favs, but now that I live in Omaha and can go to hockey games, and baseball games. I have come to really like those too, put only in person. When I was in high school, I played volleyball, and basketball. I was never very in to volleyball, but I liked it. Basketball however was my sport. I wasn't the best, and in my school I didn't have the right name to play all the time, so I got discouraged and ended up quitting when my knees started to hurt. 

Now that Megan is playing volleyball I have started to love the sport. I watched it on the Olympics, (I never watch the Olympics).  I asked Meg when she first start to play if she wanted some help, some pointers. I told her if she wanted me help to get better I would do what I could, but if she just wanted to play to have fun, then that was fine and I wouldn't bother her. I would just come and watch the games. She thought about for a little bit, and came up to me and said. "I want your help." So now if we have a chance we hit the ball around to work on her control and her serving. I have to say she is getting even better. Her coach last year taught her a serve that she could get over most of the time. 

Well volleyball season is upon so I asked if she wanted to go see a game with me sometime, and she said yes. So tomorrow we are going to see the Creighton Blue Jays play. They are one of the colleges here in Omaha. I am really kind of excited about it. Not just to see the game, but to spend the time with just Megan. She is ALMOST a grown up now. She isn't quite, but she isn't a little girl anymore either. I can talk with her, about things, and she gets them. She is maturing. We usually have a pretty good time together. 

In July came to my house when I was dog sitting Buddy, before he was mine. And she stayed there and watched him, and did laundry, and was a big help. And she has gotten to this point where she actually wants to hug you, and snuggle with you. She never wanted to do those things before. Morgan and Noah I could get to snuggle with me, but she always wanted to be in her room, or playing with friends. Now she actually wants to spend time with her crazy aunt. I hope she is looking forward to tomorrow as much as I am. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home