And Baby Makes Three

Friday, February 20, 2009

My Mom

It was my mom's birthday on the 19th. She's out of town, so I didn't right something on the day, but I thought I would right something now.

She is a great mom. I look at my friends' mom, and I marvel at how lucky I am that she is my mom. I don't always show how much I am grateful that she is my mom.

She has taught me how to stand on my own. How to handle a hard situation. When I got old enough, she made me stand on my own two feet. I am sure she would have rather of just stepped in, and made every thing better, but she didn't. She would let me fall and get hurt, and make mistakes. But she would always be there to help me celebrate if things went well, and give me a shoulder to cry on if things didn't work out the way I wanted.

When my dad left, and things were hard, she could have said things about my dad to turn me against him. And it wouldn't have taken much. There were times when I really hated him, but everytime, that I would dump on her about what ever horrible things I thought he had done (they weren't usually that horrible), she would dry my tears, and tell me that he was my father, and that he loved even if I couldn't see at that point. She never told me how awful she thought he was, never said I should hate because of what he did to her and too us.

After my sister and I moved 500 miles away she met a wonderful man, George. I didn't warm up to him right away. (I'm kind of stubborn like that.) It's not that I didn't think he was a wonderful man. It's not like I wanted her and my dad to get back together. I just don't always like to meet new people. George is a great man, and he loves my mother very much. He is the one she was meant to be with. I know in my heart that that is the truth. He has been a wonderful addition to our family. He has opened his heart to my sister and her family, and me and my brother. Even though we all were grown and out of the house. He has never once thought of us as anything other then his "kids" too. How did my mother find this man.

A couple of year ago I was diagonised with a chronic illness. She was on her way out of the country at the time. I don't think she was too happy about that fact. But I understood. I know that if I had really wanted her there all I would have had to do was ask, and she would have in a minute. And I did want her there, but I didn't want her to cancel her vacation. A couple of months later when I had to have surgery, she came down at a minutes notice, and took me home with her to help me recover. And a couple of months after that when I got really really sick, and my doctors down here couldn't seem to get me better. She kidnapped me took me back to Wisconsin, and took me to the hospital there. She never once let on how scared or worried she was. I found out later that she was really scared and really worried. She came to my room every day for 12 days to visit. She took the first week off, and then she would stop before work, during her lunch break, and then after she got done with work. If it weren't for her (and my Grandpa Schuler) I would probably still be sick, and who knows what else.

She is a great mom. She has made me the person I am today. She encourages me to be more. To be better. To be greater. She is always there when I need her, and I know she loves me in a way I will never be able to understand. She doesn't see as anyone else sees me, and I dont' see her as anyone else sees her. I see her as a super hero. With the extra special power of "Mother's Love" it is healing, it is stronger then steel, it can see throw all my crap, and it never fades. I haven't found Krpytonite for it yet (not that I would want to). Thank goodness she is my mom.

Happy Birthday Mom!!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

you made me cry when I read this and then I amde George read it and he cried. Thank you for all the wonderful things you said and think about me. I love you too.

February 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home