And Baby Makes Three

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bonus Time

I have been reading and hearing about all the AIG bonuses that have been and will be paid out as I am sure those of you who read my blog have been reading also. This makes me so mad. WE the taxpayers not of our own descision but thru the federal government who is supposed to be smarter then us gave this company $165 billion dollars last year. With almost no strings attached. (this was under then President Bush) and now AIG is giving bonuses to their top executives.

I was just reading this article on CNN.com. Not only were these supposed to be "retention bonuses" but 11 of the people who got the bonuses left anyways. Excuse me. If that is the case GIVE THE MONEY BACK!!.

When I worked at the bank we got bonuses and the higher up the better your bonus was, but if we didn't meet our goals, or WEREN"T PROFITABLE we didn't get a bonus. How in anyone's right mind can you sit there and tell the country and the President and Congress that you think it is ok to run your company into the ground and still give out bonuses. I am sorry but running your company into the ground so the government has to BAIL YOU OUT is not a situtaion the deserves a bonus.

I didn't get an allowance growing up, but I did have to do certain chores to be able to get certain things I wanted, or wanted to be able to do. And I can guarntee you that I didn't just have to do the job, I had to do a good job. Trust me I tried to just do the minium and still get the reward, but it NEVER worked. So just because the AIG execs ran the company doesn't mean they should get a reward. And that is what a bonus is. A reward. It's something beyond your salary (which is what you should get for just showing up and doing the job). It is something you get for doing more then just the job. And by the way if they were "just" doing their job the company wouldn't be in the mess it is in now.

I hope Congress does what it says in passing an immediate Tax Law to tax those you took the bonus and won't give it back, so in essense they aren't getting the bonus anyway.

I want my money back.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrin said...

I agree 100%! I can't understand how this company can lay people off and still give them bonuses. Something's just not right about the whole thing.

March 18, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home