And Baby Makes Three

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Just Call me...

I love to bake. I really don't know when or how this love of baking came from. But it is there. This week I have baked 2 cheesecakes, and one Oreo Cookie Torte. I made the cheesecakes for church. They are trying to raise funds for a little girl who is deathly allergic to peanuts (I could not imagine being allergic to peanuts. My favorite thing in the whole world is PB and chocolate life without this would be unbearable) so she can get a Peanut sniffing dog. How cool would that. OK Buddy go find me the Peanuts. Oh wait Buddy could never do that. He doesn't have enough of an attention span. Unless there are girls or beer involved. Then you can't get him to think about anything else.

I made the Oreo Cookie Torte for the boys at work. Oh man is it good. The guys love when I bake. I am always bringing in new stuff. And it never tastes bad.

The guys at work are still surprised at how well I can bake. (And I cook like a super star too, if I am allowed to say) I don't know if it is because I am single, so they don't think I should be able to or what. But they always say Wow this is so good. Did you really make this. Yup. I did. And I make almost EVERYTHING I bake from scratch. I don't use box mixes for much. There is just something satisfying from taking a bunch of things that taste nasty by themselves, and making them into something that is so beautiful and delicious.

Sorry you can't taste my desserts, today, but I will surely not be thinking of any of you as I taste them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

Uh Hello, you get that love of baking from your grandma and your mother. It is passed down from generations of Schuler women who have baked for years! I love to cook and bake and do it whenever I get the chance.
First Tegan wouldn't share his brownies with me now you won't share your torte. What's wrong with you young people today?

March 25, 2009 at 11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually won a Betty Crocker award in highscholl. If I can find it I will share it with you! I love to bake!!

Natalie

March 26, 2009 at 12:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home