And Baby Makes Three

Friday, March 27, 2009

A Typical Day

Here is what a day in my life is like.


I wake up to this

"Come on Mom get up. Get up, it's time to play. Come on."

I don't mean like oh isn't he cute. I mean he is right in my face. The first thing I see every morning when I wake up is a black nose. Then as soon as he sees my eyes open starts nudging me. And the nose is always wet and cold.

Me... "Buddy it's 4:30 go back to sleep. Come on lay down here with me a little longer. "

I lift the covers and after a couple of seconds of persuasion, he will finally lay back down, until 6:00. Then we go up to go potty. And of course he is a total morning person. He wakes up just as happy and playful as can be. He goes in the backyard and wants to run and run and run. I want him to hurry up, get the job done, so I can go and lay back down until 7:30.

I finally track him down, and we go and lay back down. Or I should say, I lay back down, and he plays with any number of his toys that he has snuck into the bedroom and hidden in different places. See everytime I find a toy I throw it back into the living room, so he has taken to hiding them under the desk, and under the bed. He was digging under the bedskirt a couple of days ago and I didn't understand why until I looked and saw, a ball, Mr Moo, and a piece of raw hide under there.

My alarm starts going off at 7. I snooze it until 7:30.
Buddy " Come on now lets play. Please mom. Please. Here is a ball. Just throw it. I promise I will be good. Please oh please oh please."
Me "No I have to get in the shower."
Buddy "Just throw it once. Just once"
Me "Ok"

I throw the ball, hurry to get in the shower because I know he will be back and talk me into playing more. And sure enough here he comes. He nudges the shower door open with his nose and looks at me like "Hey I thought we were going to play."

I get ready and as I am getting ready I get any number of toys dropped at my feet. So I throw them, as they come to me. I get done getting ready. Go in my room to put my shoes on, and there is Buddy laying on the bed. I stand up to leave. And he rolls over on his back, with his legs in the air.
Me "It's that time Buddy"
Buddy "Please don't put me in the kennel. I can't be good. I know I can't, but aren't I just so cute. How can you do this to me. Please don't"
I rub his belly for a little bit. Pick him up, and walk to the kennel. By this point he is looking back over my shoulder saying "if I don't look at it maybe it doesn't exist and I won't have to go in there. "
We get to the kennel I put him in and say"Ok have a good day. I will see you after work." He always looks so sad at me as I close the door to the room.

I go to work. Come home, and oh my goodness. You would think I had been gone for a month. He is jumping up and down in the kennel. And barking. I open the kennel door and he is off like a shot. No kidding. He is up the stair and in the kitchen before I even get back out of the room where his kennel is kept. Then he runs back down the stairs.
"Come on mom I have to go potty. Come on"
Me : "Ok Buddy I only have to legs you have four. I am getting there."
He runs back up the stairs.
I start towards the stairs.
He comes down to check one more time.
I finally make it up the stairs. He runs back towards me.
Runs toward the couch.
Jumps on the couch, and up the back, so he can be at my level. I walk over and get kissed for the one side of my face to the other.
We finally make it to the back door, and he runs outside, and starts looking for his girlfriends. (He has one on either side of the fence)
And I am forgotten.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheri and George said...

That picture is just too cute.
Hey a little chaos in your day is good for you.

March 27, 2009 at 1:43 PM  
Blogger Carrin said...

At least he's active! I have to literaly push Toby of the couch every morning to make him go out!

March 28, 2009 at 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home