Standards... Double!!
Why is we all have double standards? You know the... I can do it, but it's not ok for you to do, or I want you to take me into consideration, but damn if I will take you in to consideration, or please help me out, but I when you need help don't call me?
We all do this. Even if we won't admit it to anyone else it's in all of us. It's just easier to recognize in others, but if you will be honest with yourself you know it's there. There is something in there that says I can do this, but you can't.
Yesterday this happened to me. I have been told by someone for the longest time, I can't do THIS, but they have been doing THIS for some time, and recently has been told by someone other then me that they can't do THIS anymore, but yesterday they informed, me and the person who told them not to THIS anymore, that they were going to THIS again, but cause they needed to do THIS!! At least for a couple of weeks. Ok in the past when I needed to do THIS they always said "Oh it's not nessecary, just tell me what you need me to do and I will help you out. We're a team after all." But when the shoe is on the foot it doesn't work the same way. Why not. If I can't why should you be able to? Why are the rules different for you then they are for me? And how do you tell someone this? "Oh by the way, you are a hypocrite." Hmmm, don't think that will work.
So I ask again, why do you all do this if it pisses us off so much when we are on the other side of things. If we all just agreed that everything would be fair. If you can't do something then neither can I, then wouldn't life be a whole lot happier? Will you agree to this with me?
Labels: Work

1 Comments:
It's the old saying the squeaky wheel gets the grease. Guess you aren't squeaky enough. Speak up if it bothers you- unless it will get you fired.
Obviously if the person who told them they couldn't do it anymore- allows them to continue just because they said they were going to- then that person has no backbone and is the problem in this situation.
In other situations I agree people employ double standards all the time whether in life or work but as long as others allow they to get away with it, they will continue.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home