And Baby Makes Three

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Lazy Sunday

Today as you guessed it is Sunday. A day for sleeping in. A day for laying on the couch and watching football. A day for doing nothing at all right. God created the world in 6 days and on the seventh he rested. So why shouldn't all of us rest on the 7th day. When did we get to the point where we didn't know how to slow down and enjoy life a little.

Well up until a month ago this is what it was for me. The only time it wasn't a day to lay around all day was when Noah started football and I started to going to them. I have to confess I haven't been very good about always making it.

My typical Sunday BB (before Buddy) I would sleep till 8:30, and lay in bed and watch TV till I got hungry. Then I would make my self something to eat and watch some TV. Usually taking a nap or two at some point. 

All that has changed now. My day so far. 

7:06 I am woken by a wet and cold noise nudging my hand, followed by some licks to the face. I open my eyes to see a set of big brown eyes staring at my as if to say "Come on it's time to get and play with me." 

Ok ok I'm up. Let's go potty and then let's lay back down for an hour or so. Well Buddy likes the potty idea, but not the idea of laying back down. So I laid down on the couch thinking that he could play by himself for a little bit and leave me alone. NOPE. Buddy kept jumping up on the couch and down from the couch. And back up and back down. This went on for oh I don't know maybe 20 minutes till I got up and started to play with him. 

Well all this is going on Megan is downstairs still sleeping. So I get up from the floor for minute to do something. And when I turn around to find Buddy I can't find him. I can hear him, but don't see him any where. Well the little shit has gotten himself stuck. My roommate put a gate at the top of the stairs so her dog couldn't go down the stairs if we were both up stairs. Well Buddy has figured out that if he pushes on the bottom of the gate, it will give way enough for him to sneak under and get down stairs, but he can't back through it. So he sits on the top step and whines or barks until you let him out. 

Once Megan wakes up and we are in the kitchen eating breakfast, and doing a craft project she brought over since her mom isn't crafty. Buddy is in with us. Then we decide to make cookies. So we close the gate to the kitchen. Again my roommate has a gate that goes across the kitchen doorway. She keeps her dog in there when no one is home. Well Buddy has learned that he can jump over this gate. He does it once. I go get him. Now it has become a game to him. He waits until I am not looking at jumps again. And just sits down on the other side. Until I go over to get him. Oh what fun this game is. Finally some how after playing this game about 4 or 5 times, he decides to stay in the kitchen with us. 

Now Megan is downstairs taking a shower, and Buddy played with his dragon ( a stuffed toy I got him) and his ball, and me. And is finally laying down resting. But I know this will last about 15 minutes. And then he will be up and around again. 

So my old lazy Sundays are now replaced with potty breaks, and lots and lots of playing. No more sleeping in, no more naps. No more relaxing. But for all the things I have had to give up. I love the little bugger. He is so cute. And so sweet. He just wants to love and be loved. 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Carrin said...

Just like having a kid!

October 20, 2008 at 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home